Twist & Shout Instructors
We are currently accepting Instructor Applications. Anyone wanting to be a Twist & Shout Instructor (including all past instructors) need to fill out an Instructor Application form. This form will include all your contact information as well as Biography and past experience teaching along with titles and descriptions of the classes you would like to offer. The application form needs to be submitted to the T&S offices by late August, for consideration for the next year's convention. An application form can be downloaded by right-clicking the PDF icon below.
Here's what is expected of our instructors at Twist & Shout:
* You should be a professional Balloon Twister/Entertainer, which means you should have at least five (5) years of experience working in the world of balloon twisting/entertaining. Exceptions are made from time-to-time, but for the most part, we look for instructors with many years of practical experience.
* We need at least two (2) different classes from you, and PLEASE don't contact us asking what you would like us to have you teach! If we have an interest in you teaching a specific class, we will be approach you about it.
* Your classes need to be of your own original work. Please do not offer a class on techniques or designs that have been originated or taught by someone else.
* Remember that this is a Balloon Twister/Entertainer convention. Yes, there are always decor needs in the twister world, but we don't need 15 different instructors offering Intro to Decor. So if your focus is not on twisting or entertaining, please consider applying to teach at a different convention.
* You will be required to be in attendance at the event from Wednesday through Sunday of the convention. Please do not ask to come late or leave early (or both).
* Instructors are required to put in a minimum of five (5) hours of work on Twist & Shout matters, regardless of their particular brand affiliation or sponsor status. You could be taking tickets at the evening events, checking badges, helping with lunch, or any number of other tasks.
* Twist & Shout Instructors will be required to spend time in the Jam Room. This goes for all instructors regardless of their balloon brand preference or sponsorship.
A few things to keep in mind:
1. We are very limited on how many teachers we can take, the sooner you get your instructor application in, the better chance you'll have to part of our education team.
2. Selection priority is given to those individuals who have supported Twist & Shout in the past, either as an attendee or sponsor. While it is not a steadfast rule, it is absolutely taken into account when we select instructors.
3. If you are chosen as an instructor and you have already put down a payment for the event, yes, you will be refunded.
:) Still Interested? Contact Patty Sorell at