Twist and Shout is proud to welcome the following 2023 Instructors:
T&S is back in person, and Kristal is so happy to be back with it! Based just outside of Vancouver, Kristal started twisting purely by chance in 2005*, and hasn't stopped since. (*she thinks? It's all a bit fuzzy.) Kristal has twisted balloons in multiple countries, has had a dress published in magazines, and can even be seen on Netflix in Always Be My Maybe. She's excited to share some new designs, and cannot wait to see everyone!
Do you want to teach at T&S ?
So you want to teach at the premiere convention for the Balloon Twister and Entertainer? We welcome any and all instructor applications. You can download an Instructor Application HERE. Please be sure to read the following
Here's what is expected of our instructors at Twist & Shout:
* You should be a professional Balloon Twister/Entertainer, which means you should have at least five (5) years of experience working in the world of balloon twisting/entertaining. Exceptions are made from time to time based on what it is you have to offer, but for the most part, time always tells.
* We need at least two (2) different class offerings from you, and PLEASE don't contact us asking what you would like us to have you teach! If we have an interest in you teaching a specific class, we'll be approaching you about it.
* Any Classes that you teach need to be of your own original work. Please do not offer a class on techniques that have been originated or taught by someone else
* Remember that this is a Balloon Twister/Entertainer convention. Yes, there are always decor needs in the twister world, but we don't need 15 different instructors offering Intro to Decor. So if your focus is not on Twisting or entertaining, please consider applying to teach at a different convention.
* You will be required to be in attendance at the event from Wednesday, through Sunday of the convention. Please do not ask to come late or leave early (or both).
* Instructors are required to put in a minimum of five (5) hours of labor on Twist & Shout matters, regardless of their particular brand affiliation or sponsor status. You could be taking Tickets at the evening events, Checking badges, fetching me lunch, or any number of other tasks
* Twist & Shout Instructors will be required to spend as much free time in the Jam Room as possible. This goes for all instructors regardless of their balloon brand preference or sponsorship
If you are chosen to be an instructor at T&S , here is what you can expect to receive:
A. Complimentary airfare or gas/toll reimbursement (up to $400.00)
B. Complimentary hotel accommodations from Wednesday, through Sunday of the convention. (4 nights)
C. Complimentary access to the convention and all Master Classes
D. Payment / Money / Instructors Stipend
E. Complimentary Twist & Shout Instructor shirt
F. Complimentary Survival basket of goodies and munchies to help you trough the long days and nights of total balloon immersion
A few things to keep in mind:
1. We are very limited on how many teachers we can take, the sooner you get your instructor application in, the better chance you'll have
2. Selection priority is given to those individuals who have supported Twist & Shout in the past, either as an attendee or sponsor. While it is not a steadfast rule, it is absolutely taken into account when we select instructors.
3. If you are chosen as an instructor and you have already put down a payment for the upcoming event, yes, you will be refunded :)
Still Interested? Have Questions? Contact Patty Sorell at firstname.lastname@example.org